Palliative and supportive care
The Paliative and Supportive Care work stream is committed to develop and undertake well designed research which will directly improve the care and experience of patients, and their carers, in the advanced stages of their illness.
This workstream will further the development of the palliative and supportive care research portfolio in Wales by focusing on:
- Patient/carer rather than disease focused outcomes
- Multidisciplinary team research across all care settings
- Establishing a repository of existing research evidence
- Engaging with clinical teams and policy makers to place findings straight to practice
- Dissemination by traditional routes and by using social media
- Ongoing development of high quality, sustainable and appropriately evaluated public and patient engagement
Our ambition is to remain at the forefront of research in palliative care.