We were delighted to host Cancer Research UK for a stakeholder event on the theme of early detection and diagnosis.
Dr David Crosby, Dr Talisia Quallo and Dr Alexis Webb joined us to discuss CRUK's recently launched Early Detection & Diagnosis Roadmap. You can watch the presentation above. Some of the slides are available to download by clicking on links in the agenda below. Summary notes from the meeting are available here.
13:00 Welcome and introduction (Prof Kate Brain)
13:05 Cancer Research UK Early Detection and Diagnosis (ED&D) Roadmap and funding streams overview - David Crosby, Talisia Quallo, Alexis Webb
13:45 Q & A
14:00 Overviews from key partners:
- Wales Cancer Research Centre - Enhanced Diagnosis & Personalised Prevention (Dr Sunil Dolwani)
- Primary and Emergency Care Research Centre – Screening, Prevention and Early Diagnosis (Prof Clare Wilkinson)
- Centre for Trials Research - Cancer Theme (Dr Lisette Nixon / Dr Chris Hurt)
- Cardiff University Biobank (Prof Phil Stephens)
- Healthcare Sciences Cancer Research (Prof Jane Hopkinson)
- Data integration (Dr Kevin Ashelford)
- College of Biomedical and Life Sciences - Cancer Theme (Prof Awen Gallimore)
14:55 Closing remarks and thank you